Personally I never felt comfortable applying the word “transition” to me. It’s because I don’t feel I’m transitioning from anything to anything else. Having said that I do use the word “transition” as I think it’s a great reference word. See my post on Gender Labels: My Love/Hate Relationship.

Yes, I’ve changed a lot of things about my life, many quite fundamental, but it feels they represent probably up to 20% of the person I am. I don’t think the other 80% has changed, or at least not in the context of gender. This partially explains why I don’t like to apply the word “transition” when referring to myself.

Rather than “transition” I often refer to “my process” or to “changing gender expression” or when “I sought medical support or help”.

7 thoughts on “MicroPost: “Transition”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *